United States Salary Calculator
Canadian Salary Calculator
Construction estimators perform some or all of the following duties:
- Prepare estimates of probable costs of materials, labour and equipment for construction projects based on contract bids, quotations, schematic drawings and specifications
- Advise on tendering procedures, examine and analyze tenders, recommend tender awards and conduct negotiations
- Establish and maintain tendering process and set up cost monitoring and reporting systems and procedures
- Prepare cost and expenditure statements and forecasts at regular intervals for the duration of a project
- Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors
- Liaise, consult and communicate with engineers, architects, owners, contractors and subcontractors, and prepare economic feasibility studies on changes and adjustments to cost estimates
- Manage and co-ordinate construction projects and prepare construction progress schedules.
Estimators may specialize in estimating costs for structural, electrical or mechanical construction projects.
- Completion of secondary school is required
- Completion of a three-year college program in civil or construction engineering technology or Several years of experience as a qualified tradesperson in a construction trade, such as plumbing, carpentry or electrical trade are required.
- Certification by the Canadian Institute of Quantity Surveyors is usually required.
- Progression to more senior positions in this unit group, such as senior estimator or to construction management positions is possible with experience.
February 2008 Trade Job Information on:
Machinist Jobs - Automotive machinist jobs and other machinist jobs in the Untied States. Machinists set up and operate a variety of machine tools to cut or grind metal, plastic or other materials to make or modify parts or products with precise dimensions. Pay ranges from $14 to $25/hour US. Search Machinist Jobs.
Alberta Jobs - Alberta continues to be the spot to be for Trade Jobs in Canada. From Construction Jobs to Oil Jobs, Alberta Jobs are abundant and available.
Manufacturing Jobs - Metalworking Jobs, and Machinist Jobs are in demand. Positions are filling across the US and Canada.
Pipefitting Jobs - Steamfitter Jobs and other Pipe Fitting positions are popular now. Pay range from $16/hour and up.
Oil Jobs - More than ever before, Oil Jobs are in demand. From Florida Oil Jobs to Texas and California, apply for an Oil Job through Members today.
Aircraft Mechanics Jobs , Automotive Mechanics Jobs , Boilermaker Jobs , Bricklayer Jobs , Cabinetmaker Jobs , Carpenter Jobs , Carpentry Supervisor Jobs , Concrete Finisher Jobs , Construction Manager Jobs , Construction Office Jobs , Crane Operator Jobs , Drafting Technologist Jobs , Driller Jobs , Drywaller Jobs , Electrical Jobs , Electrician Jobs , Elevator Constructor Jobs , Engineer Jobs , Alternative Energy Jobs , Estimator Jobs , Floorcovering Installer Jobs , Forklift Operator Jobs , Gasfitter Jobs , Glazier Jobs , Heavy Construction Supervisor Jobs , Heavy Equipment Operator Jobs , Heavy Equipment Technician Jobs , HVAC Refrigeration Jobs , Industrial Electrician Jobs , Industrial Instrument Technician Jobs , Installer Jobs , Insulator Jobs , Ironworker Jobs , Labourer Construction Jobs , Machinist Jobs , Machinist Supervisor Jobs , Mechanical Technician Jobs , Metal Forming Jobs , Industrial Mechanic Jobs , Mining Jobs , Oil and Gas Jobs , Drilling Jobs , Oil Drilling and Services Operators Jobs , Operators and Assemblers Jobs , Painter and Decorator Jobs , Pipefitter Jobs , Pipefitting Jobs , Plumber Jobs , Power Lineman Jobs , Power System Electricians Jobs , Power Auxiliary Equipment Operators Jobs , Project Safety Manager Jobs , Roofer Jobs , Sheet Metal Jobs , Structural Steel Fabricator Jobs , Technician Jobs , Tilesetter Jobs , Tool and Die Maker Jobs , Truck Driver Jobs , Underground Mine Service Jobs , Development Miner Jobs , Welding Jobs