United States Salary Calculator
Canadian Salary Calculator
Concrete Finisher Jobs
Concrete finishers smooth and finish freshly poured concrete, apply curing or surface treatments and install, maintain and restore various masonry structures such as floors, ceilings, sidewalks, roads and patios. They are employed by construction companies, cement and concrete contractors and manufacturers of precast concrete products, or they may be self-employed.
Concrete finishers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Check formwork, granular base and steel reinforcement materials and direct placement of concrete into forms or onto surfaces according to grade
- Fill hollows and remove high spots to smooth freshly poured concrete
- Operate power vibrator to compact concrete
- Level top surface of concrete according to grade and depth specifications using straightedge or float
- Impart desired finish to concrete surfaces using hand and power tools
- Install anchor bolts, steel plates, door sills and other fixtures in freshly poured concrete
- Apply hardening and sealing compounds to cure surface of concrete
- Waterproof, damp-proof and restore concrete surfaces
- Repair, resurface and replace worn or damaged sections of floors, walls, roads and other concrete structures.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- Completion of a two- to four- year apprenticeship program or
- Over three years of work experience in the trade and some high school, college or industry courses in cement finishing are usually required to be eligible for trade certification.
- Interprovincial trade certification (Red Seal) is also available to qualified concrete finishers.
- Progression to supervisory positions is possible with experience.
- Red Seal trade certification allows for interprovincial mobility.
February 2008 Trade Job Information on:
Machinist Jobs - Automotive machinist jobs and other machinist jobs in the Untied States. Machinists set up and operate a variety of machine tools to cut or grind metal, plastic or other materials to make or modify parts or products with precise dimensions. Pay ranges from $14 to $25/hour US. Search Machinist Jobs.
Alberta Jobs - Alberta continues to be the spot to be for Trade Jobs in Canada. From Construction Jobs to Oil Jobs, Alberta Jobs are abundant and available.
Manufacturing Jobs - Metalworking Jobs, and Machinist Jobs are in demand. Positions are filling across the US and Canada.
Pipefitting Jobs - Steamfitter Jobs and other Pipe Fitting positions are popular now. Pay range from $16/hour and up.
Oil Jobs - More than ever before, Oil Jobs are in demand. From Florida Oil Jobs to Texas and California, apply for an Oil Job through Members today.
Aircraft Mechanics Jobs , Automotive Mechanics Jobs , Boilermaker Jobs , Bricklayer Jobs , Cabinetmaker Jobs , Carpenter Jobs , Carpentry Supervisor Jobs , Concrete Finisher Jobs , Construction Manager Jobs , Construction Office Jobs , Crane Operator Jobs , Drafting Technologist Jobs , Driller Jobs , Drywaller Jobs , Electrical Jobs , Electrician Jobs , Elevator Constructor Jobs , Engineer Jobs , Alternative Energy Jobs , Estimator Jobs , Floorcovering Installer Jobs , Forklift Operator Jobs , Gasfitter Jobs , Glazier Jobs , Heavy Construction Supervisor Jobs , Heavy Equipment Operator Jobs , Heavy Equipment Technician Jobs , HVAC Refrigeration Jobs , Industrial Electrician Jobs , Industrial Instrument Technician Jobs , Installer Jobs , Insulator Jobs , Ironworker Jobs , Labourer Construction Jobs , Machinist Jobs , Machinist Supervisor Jobs , Mechanical Technician Jobs , Metal Forming Jobs , Industrial Mechanic Jobs , Mining Jobs , Oil and Gas Jobs , Drilling Jobs , Oil Drilling and Services Operators Jobs , Operators and Assemblers Jobs , Painter and Decorator Jobs , Pipefitter Jobs , Pipefitting Jobs , Plumber Jobs , Power Lineman Jobs , Power System Electricians Jobs , Power Auxiliary Equipment Operators Jobs , Project Safety Manager Jobs , Roofer Jobs , Sheet Metal Jobs , Structural Steel Fabricator Jobs , Technician Jobs , Tilesetter Jobs , Tool and Die Maker Jobs , Truck Driver Jobs , Underground Mine Service Jobs , Development Miner Jobs , Welding Jobs